Tuesday, July 7, 2009

DIY:

Creative Serving Area

Once while hosting Book Club with some wonderful women I discovered I was lacking space to serve all the amazing food that kept arriving. My friend Jordan quickly suggested that I use the 3 square bar stools I had as a serving area...fabulous idea!!! We pushed them together over against a bare wall and voila, we piled it with serving platters and delicious food! I say the next time you throw a P.A.R.T.Y try this.
this great bar stool found here.
Imagine:
Drink Bar-
3 bar stools, 2 serving trays, one piled with drinks and the other with cute napkins, an ice bowl and some chunky glasses...maybe even a small bouquet of fresh flowers for a splash of color!
Delicious Desserts -
Same idea as listed above but pile the trays with any yummy desserts: cookies, candies, cupcakes or a trifle...you get the idea. I think adding a serving tier would make for a beautiful design element!

Good luck creating fabulous serving areas at your next P.A.R.T.Y!!!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could say the idea was design based, but it seemed more of a common sense necesity at the time. I love those stools though and think it definitley is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete